YouTube personality, Wengie, is famous for two things: Makeup and life hacks. As a result, it only makes sense that she would combine the two for one epic video that demonstrates how to make shopping for, applying, and extending the shelf life of makeup easier. Essentially, these hacks show you how to look like a professional on a budget and without spending hours contouring.
1. Heat an eyelash curler with a blowdryer to serve the same purpose as a curling iron. Of course, test the heat on your arm before placing a potentially scorching device on your eye.
2. Mascara, like other makeup, is quite expensive. Make sure that it lasts by restoring dried tubes with eye drops.
3. The edges of a tube of mascara fall victim to dry, crusty clumps of makeup. Instead of working around them, take an angled brush, rub it along the crust, and use it as an eyeliner.
4. Pencil eyeliner is often difficult to work with, as it is simply not dark enough nor does it give desired, bold lines. Heat the tip with a lighter to transform the dried substance into a gel liner.
5. Take your desired lip liner color and draw an X in the middle of your top lip. After applying gloss or lipstick as usual, you should be left with the perfect Cupid’s bow-shaped mouth.
6. If your lip gloss is far too shiny, apply a translucent powder to turn it into a matte lipstick.
7. Coconut oil is a great makeup remover! Though it does not work as well around the eyes, it works wonders on the lips and leaves them perfectly moisturized as a result.
8. Dark under eyes are something that affects everyone. Instead of applying concealer with your fingers, though, use a beauty blender. This allows for better coverage and does not leave your fingers dirty.
Find out more about Wengie: